Friday, January 17, 2014




There is no reason for it.  Okay...there is maybe one reason, I tend to do more when I am busy.  This break, from teaching just made me lazy.  I had completely forgotten about my wee blog and I am sorry.  But enough of my Irish Catholic guilt, at least I have come home.  Hi Blog!   I watched alot of films over the holidays but perhaps my favorite was The Artists.  Yes.  I know, how the heck had I, a true movie buff, not seen this wonderful little film?  Well, finally with Netflicks I saw it, and what a grand, delicious piece of Cinema.  The use of music, the use of oddly chosen sound effects to the last spoken word of dialogue just slayed me.  I loved this movie.  The dancing, the love story, down to the silly dog were just spot on.  I hate the way I am writing this analysis, because it fails to generate the truly unique way this film was rendered and how completely surprised and taken in I was.  Yes.  It was a Silent film (for the most part) but the silence was deafening in the way it forced the perfect auditory conclusion.  So, see it, get back to me and take me out of my creative writing misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment